Note: This Page is offered as part of the process to certify SAIL Starters.
Please Read This Before You Begin :
If you have attended classroom training, you can take the test below.
When you pass the test, your certification will show as “pending” until your classroom instructor verifies your classroom participation and the Officials Chair updates your record.
After successfully completing the test you will be certified as a SAIL Official. Thank you. Please send any comments, improvement suggestions, etc. to email@example.com.
Code of EthicsAll members of the League shall adhere to the following Code of Ethics.
- As a participant, I will refrain from all personal action that might provoke other participants, spectators, or officials to unsportsmanlike conduct.
- As an individual, I will refrain from offensive or abusive language and will confine myself to proper remarks at the proper time to officials in charge.
- As a participant, I will respect the dignity of the meet in which I am engaged, the officials, the opponents, and the communities they represent.
- As an individual participant, parent, coach, team, league representative or league officer, I will do nothing that would give myself or my team an unfair advantage over another participant or team.
- As a coach or parent, I will not engage in nor permit actions which will interfere with the operation of the league or its meets; nor will I intrude upon the area of the league and meet officials.
- As a meet official or league officer, I will return courteous answers to legitimate questions and recognize remarks made by authorized persons. I will not allow any acts by others which do not uphold the standards set forth in the by-laws of the league.
- As a participant of the meet, I will maintain an attitude of true sportsmanship.
- As a member of SAIL, I pledge myself to create a mature, healthy, and fair atmosphere for all swimmers at all times.